Always take Telzir exactly as your doctor has told you. It is very important that you take the full daily dose of Telzir and ritonavir as prescribed by your doctor. Do not takemore than the recommended dose. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Shake the bottle for 20 seconds before the first use. Shake the bottle for 5 seconds before subsequent uses.
A dosing syringe with a 10 ml graduation is supplied with the pack so you can measure your dose accurately.
How much to takeAdultsAdults
should take the Telzir oral suspension without
food and on an empty stomach. The recommended dose is 14 ml Telzir oral suspension
(700 mg fosamprenavir) twice daily
with 100 mg ritonavir (as capsule or oral solution) twice daily.
Children from 6 years of age and weighing at least 25 kg
Children should take the Telzir oral suspension with food.
Your doctor will work out the right dose based on your weight.
The recommended dose is 0.36 ml/kg of Telzir oral suspension (18 mg per kg fosamprenav ir) twice daily with 3 mg/kg ritonavir oral solution twice daily.
No dosing recommendations can be made for children weighing less than 25 kg.
Children can take the adult dose of ritonavir capsules (100 mg twice daily) if they weigh at least 33 kg and can swallow the capsules whole.
As an alternative to taking Telzir oral suspension:
Children can take the adult dose of one 700 mg Telzir tablet twice daily (with ritonavir 100 mg twice daily) if they weigh at least 39 kg and can swallow the tablets whole.
Children less than 6 years of age
Telzir is not recommended for children less than 6 years old.
Adults with liver disease
If you have mild liver disease, the dose is 14 ml Telzir oral suspension (700 mg fosamprenavir) twice daily with 100 mg ritonavir only once daily . If you have moderate liver disease the dose is 9 ml Telzir oral suspension (450 mg fosamprenavir) twice daily with 100 mg ritonavir only once daily. If you have severe liver disease the dose is 6 ml Telzir oral suspension (300 mgfosamprenavir) twice dailywith 100 mg ritonavir only once daily.
Step by step instructions
Do not mix Telzir with any other medicines in the bottle or the syringe.
1. Shake the bottle vigorously before use.
2. Remove the bottle cap and keep it safely.
3. Push the plastic adapterinto the neck of the bottle, while holding the bottle firmly.
4. Insert the syringe firmly into the adapter.
5. Turn the bottle upside down.
6. Pull out the syringe plunger until the first portion of your full dose is withdrawn.
7. Turn the bottle the right way up and remove the syringe from the adapter.
8. Put the syringe into your mouth, placing the tip of the syringe against the inside of your cheek. Slowly push the plunger in, allowing time to swallow. Don?t push too hard and squirt the liquid into the back of the throat or you may choke.
9. Repeat steps 4 to 8 in the same way until you have taken the whole dose.
10. Do not leave the syringein the bottle. Take the syringe and the adapter off and wash them thoroughly in clean water. Let them dry completely before you use them again.
11. Close the bottle tightly with the cap.
If you take too much Telzir
If you have taken more than the prescribed dose of Telzir:
? Contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately for advice.
If you forget to take Telzir
If you forget to take a dose of Telzir, take it as soon as you remember and then continue your treatment as before. Don?t take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
Don?t stop Telzir without advice
Take Telzir for as long as your doctor recommends. Don?t stop unless your doctor advises you to.