Waarvoor wordt dit middel gebruikt?
is and what it is used for
<Product name> is a leukotriene receptor antagonist that blocks substances called leukotrienes. Leukotrienes cause narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and also cause allergy symptoms. By blocking leukotrienes, <Product name> improves asthma symptoms, helps control asthma and improves seasonal allergy symptoms (also known as hay fever or seasonal allergic rhinitis).
Your doctor has prescribed <Product name> to treat asthma, preventing your asthma symptoms during the day and night.
- <Product name> is used for the treatment of patients who are not adequately controlled on their medication and need additional therapy.
- <Product name> also helps prevent the narrowing of airways triggered by exercise.
- In those asthmatic patients in whom <Product name> is indicated in asthma, <Product name> can also provide symptomatic relief of seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Your doctor will determine how <Product name> should be used depending on the symptoms and severity of your asthma.
Asthma is a long-term disease. Asthma includes:
- difficulty breathing because of narrowed airways. This narrowing of airways worsens and improves in response to various conditions.
- sensitive airways that react to many things, such as cigarette smoke, pollen, cold air, or exercise.
- swelling (inflammation) in the lining of the airways.
Symptoms of asthma include: coughing, wheezing, and chest tightness.
PIL- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Day 160-v.2
Seasonal allergies (also known as hay fever or seasonal allergic rhinitis) are an allergic response often caused by airborne pollens from trees, grasses and weeds. The symptoms of seasonal allergies typically may include: stuffy, runny, itchy nose; sneezing; watery, swollen, red, itchy eyes.